Policies are the method by which our Governing Body communicates its aims and objectives to staff, parents and pupils. They are the framework for decision-making and action.
Policies and important procedures documents are drafted and updated by the Senior Leadership Team and the Governing Body according to a regular rolling programme. Please see the links to current policies below, or contact Cath Rowlatt if you require further information.
We follow the Local Authority admissions procedure. The admissions procedure is outlined in the Derbyshire handbook 'How to apply for a place at Primary School', which is available in school, or accessible online at www.derbyshire.gov.uk/admissions
The PAN (Published Admission Number) for Reception intake at each school is 30 children. Children are admitted in the September following their fourth birthday.
We hold an Open Morning in November for parent(s) and carer(s) with children due to start school the following September, to help parent(s) and carer(s) to make an informed choice about which infant school is right for them. We are happy to show people round at other times by appointment. We plan an induction programme in the summer term to prepare children for starting school.
In-year admissions can be arranged through the Local Authority protocol. Please go to www.derbyshire.gov.uk/admissions
If you have questions or would like to visit, please contact Cath Rowlatt or Clare Radley in the school office. For full details and an application form ,visit Derbyshire County Council Admissions at www.derbyshire.gov.uk/admissions
Please click the document name to open...
Statutory Policies and Documents:
- Admission Arrangements (see above)
- Admissions in the EYFS Policy
- Anti-Bullying Policy and Child-friendly Anti-Bullying leaflet
- Charging and Remissions Policy
- Children with Disabilities and/or Special Educational Needs Policy
- Complaints Procedure
- Critical Incident Management Plan
- Data Protection Policy
- Disability Equality Scheme and Accessibility Plan
- Early Years Foundation Stage Policy
- Equality Policy
- Freedom of Information Publication scheme
- Governor Allowances Policy
- Health and Safety Policy
- Instrument of Government
- Safeguarding and Child Protection Policy
- Sex and Relationships Education Policy
- Tackling Extremism and Radicalisation Policy
- Teacher Appraisal Policy
- Teacher Pay Policy
Special Educational Needs
Supporting each and every pupil within our Federation is of the utmost importance to us. Occasionally some children need a little extra help to meet their needs.
Our experienced staff are supported by Mrs Waller, our Special Needs Coordinator (SENCO). Mrs Waller’s role is to work alongside parents, pupils, staff and outside agencies in order to ensure that the needs of the all pupils are addressed.
Our policy for supporting children with special educational needs is listed in the links ABOVE. If you have any concerns about your child please do not hesitate to talk with Mrs Waller.
See our SEN Report here.
As part of the Special Educational Needs and Disability (SEND) Reforms, all local authorities were required to publish a Local Offer. This sets out in one place information about education, health and social care provision for children and young people in their area who have SEN or are disabled.
You can access Derbyshire County Council's Local Offer at http://www.derbyshiresendlocaloffer.org/
Wirksworth Federation of Infant Schools seeks to be sensitive to the needs of each and every child, reducing barriers to learning and making the curriculum accessible to all children.
When necessary, reasonable adjustments to physical and other arrangements of the school are considered, this will be done whilst taking into account the nature of any impairment, pupil and parent views and advice from teachers and other professionals.
Prospective parents are asked to inform the school of any disabilities or additional needs their children may have when registering.
Continuing communication between parents and staff is vital to ensure that reasonable adjustments can be considered where necessary, whether impairments were apparent when the child entered the school or developed at a later stage.
(printed copies are available in school on request)
- Acceptable Use of the Internet and Electronic Mail Policy
- Assessment Policy
- Attendance and Punctuality policy
- Behaviour Policy (complying with with Section 89 of the Education and Inspections Act 2006)
- British Values Policy
- Calculation Policy
- Code of Conduct and Practice for Registered Teachers
- Collective Worship Policy
- Computer Disaster Recovery and Security Plan
- Confidential Reporting Code
- Curriculum Policy
- Dealing with Unacceptable Behaviour from parents/carers, and members of the public
- Energy and Sustainability Policy
- English Policy
- E-Safety Policy
- Extended Services Debt Policy
- Financial Regulations and Procedures
- Fire Policy
- Governor Induction Programme
- ICT and Computing Policy
- ICT Disaster Recovery Plan
- Induction Policy
- Intimate and Personal Care Policy
- Handwriting Policy
- History Policy
- Home school Agreement
- Homework Policy
- Lettings Policy
- Managing Allegations against Staff
- Marking and Feedback Policy
- Mathematics Policy
- Mobile Phone Usage Policy
- No Smoking Policy
- Nurture Group Policy
- Offsite Visits Policy
- Performance Management Policy
- PE Policy
- Phonics Policy (from Sept2017)
- Physical Intervention Policy
- Photographic Images of Children Policy
- Planning, Preparation and Assessment Policy
- Private Fostering Policy
- Protocol for Governors' Visits to School
- Recruitment and Selection Policy
- Redundancy Policy
- Religious Education Policy
- Safer Working Practice and Code of Conduct Policy for Staff
- Science Policy
- Sport Funding Policy
- Staff Grievance Procedures
- Staff Disciplinary Procedures
- Staff Induction Policy
- Staff Wellbeing Policy
- Statement of Financial Roles and Responsibilities
- Support staff review and development policy
- Supporting Children with Medical Needs Policy
- Sun Safety Policy
- Tackling Extremism and Radicalisation
- Trainees and Students on Placements Policy
- Term Time Absences and Leave of Absence Application form
- Volunteers in School Guidance